Looking for React TypeScript tutorial? Then this collection of React TypeScript tutorial for beginners in 2021 is for you.
If you’re a beginner with React and want to use it with typescript, then you should check this collection of react typescript tutorial. Before we start the collection, let’s check what is typescript and the advantages of using it.
What is typescript?
This powerful statically-typed language is great on its own, but it also does a lot for React developers. In fact, many React developers who adopt TypeScript say they can’t imagine their work without it.
- Type annotations: allow us to assigned types to variables
- Union types: allows us to combine a new form of type using the pipe
- The never type: used to represent a type of value that will never occur
- Strongly-typed tuples
- Type inference: infers the data type of a variable
- Intersection types: allow us to combine existing types to form a new type with all the members from the type it is based on
- Make types reusable with generics
- The unknown type: allows us to reduce the use of
anyand create more strongly typed code
- Strongly-typed arrays
Benefits of using Typescript with React
You may still be wondering, “but why should I use Typescript for a React.js project?”. Let’s break down the benefits of Typescript and show how it makes frontend React development easier.
- Typescript offers suggestions and options while you type. This saves a lot of effort and makes it easier for a new developer to use your source code. These code suggestions prevent wasted time, ease team communication, and make your codebase more consistent.
- Since Typescript is a statically-typed system, you can add types to variables, functions, and properties, making your code far easier to read. Typescript also serves to eliminate React’s PropTypes, which makes React development easier.
- One of the most loved features of Typescript is its ability to highlight errors as soon as they crop up. Typescript shows you errors before you ever run the code, saving hours of time fixing bugs or mistakes early on.
- As the codebase of a React app grows, it can become too difficult to read, share, or maintain. Navigating these codebases can be tedious, and refactoring code is risky.
- Typescript actually helps you refactor code and prevent typos, making it far easier to maintain and update without changing any of its behaviors.
You can check Vuexy React Admin Template for a better overview.
Now, let’s start the collection of react typescript tutorial for beginners 2021.
Youtube react Typescript tutorial for beginners:
Following are some of the best React TypeScript tutorial for beginners in 2021. Video tutorials are always a great resource for learning as it comes with practical examples as well. Check them out…!!
In this detailed typescript react tutorial, you’ll get to know to use typescript with react.
Here, you’ll learn all about classes, objects, interfaces, properties, constructors, and other essential object-oriented programming concepts in TypeScript.
Here in this best typescript tutorial you’ll get to know useful components for react projects using typescript.
Here in this typescript react tutorial you’ll learn how to start using Typescript in your React code. This react typescript tutorial deals with props, hooks, and render props.
This is one of the best React TypeScript tutorial for beginners. It is a complete course which deals with all the basics of react and typescript.
Learning with help of professionals always helps to develop a better understanding of the topic. Hence, you can check the following courses if you are starting with react and typescript.
In this course, you’ll learn:
Basic and advanced features of TypeScript
Using TypeScript in React projects
Writing types for React patterns (higher-order components, render props, etc)
How to integrate TypeScript into a Create React App with Redux
How to build a NextJS web app that uses the GraphQL API using TypeScript
Using types provided by third-party packages and creating custom type definitions
Using React with TypeScript in general
Through this course, You’ll get to learn:
- How to use Typescript with their modern React project
- Understand how to set up typescript with create-react-app as well as babel and webpack
Things you’ll learn through this course:
- Learn how to think in React
- Learn all the functionalities that ReactJS offers and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Complete Understanding with React Hooks, ReactDOM, React Router, Redux, Server-side Rendering, and a lot more!
- Fully Typescript code using ReactJS for maintainable, robust, and future proof application
- Best Practices in Coding (No more messy codes)
- Creating an E-commerce Shop from scratch (with Redux Saga Middleware)
- We will not use any UI Library in this course, instead, I will teach you how to create reusable components so you can create your own UI Library.
In this course, You’ll see
- How to use TypeScript with React.
- Basic and complex types and functional and stateful components.
- How to use TypeScript interfaces to improve your React code.
- Implement higher-order components to reuse components while adding new functionality.
Following are some of the best articles that deal with react projects using typescript.
This detailed tutorial includes:
- Create React App and TypeScript
- Functional Components
- Class Components
- Default Props
This quick start guide will teach you how to wire up TypeScript with React. By the end, you’ll have
- a project with React and TypeScript
- linting with TSLint
- testing with Jest and Enzyme, and
- state management with Redux
Useful Additional Resources
- Typescript Handbook
- React Typescript Basics
- ReactJS Typescript components — complete beginners guide with a cheatsheet
- Getting Started with ReactJS and Typescript
- Typescript cheatsheet
So this was the collection of React TypeScript tutorial for beginners in 2021. Each tutorial deals with useful components and basics of react and typescript.
You can start with youtube tutorials and articles first. Once you understand the basics you can pick any course to sharpen your understanding. We have made this collection so that you don’t have to search for them here and there.
We hope you like this collection. Also, don’t forget to bookmark and share it. Do tell us which course or tutorial you find helpful.