Are you looking for the best react boilerplate? Then this collection is for you. Before we start the collection, let’s have a look at what boilerplate is..!!
Deciding which boilerplate to take on while developing may be challenging enough, cause you need not only to build your app but to scale and maintain it afterward as well. Some will say that you don’t need alternative starter kits, except Create React App, widely used for building single-page applications (SPAs). The same way works for Node CLI and Node, Angular CLI, and Angular as well.
Still, you need some cogent analysis to find a way to kickstart your repeated code parts or project structure. Transpile the code, proceed with linting, build the system and test it out faster. Plus, the option of hot loading allows Webpack to patch the code running in the browser without refreshing.
What is a boilerplate?
A Boilerplate (boilerplate code) is like a part of code that can be reused many times to repeat some pieces of code again and again. As per Wiki, boilerplate is a section of code that is used interchangeably to provide this or that function. When using languages that are considered verbose, developers have to code a lot to accomplish only minor functionality.
React Boilerplate is an open-source development tool. It will help you reduce developing time by copying the parts of the code. A template is a so-called case frame/layout of your options; while a boilerplate provides a piece of writing, actual text, and images.
Criteria to Select Boilerplates
- Clean code structure
- Code splitting
- Comments presence
- Well-read documentation
- Responsive navigation system
- Server and client code for setup
- Easy testing tools
- Support and maintaining options
Now let’s start the collection of best react boilerplate in 2021
Create React App is commonly advised for newbies in React development because only those who know the React technology in detail will definitely reap the benefit from a range of React boilerplate libraries.
And, CRA is a good tool for building small apps, quickly setting up an app. However, these kinds of tools are of limited utility when building an advanced application. CRA requires npm of at least 5.2+ version, and Node 8.10 version. The guideline for a quick start with the Create React App tool is placed here.
- React, JSX, ES6, TypeScript, and Flow syntax support.
- Language extras beyond ES6 like the object spread operator.
- Autoprefixed CSS, so you don’t need
-webkit-or other prefixes.
- A fast interactive unit test runner with built-in support for coverage reporting.
- A live development server that warns about common mistakes.
- A build script to bundle JS, CSS, and images for production, with hashes and source maps.
You can check the Vuexy React Admin template for a better overview. It is the most developer-friendly & highly customizable React Admin Template. It is based on Create React App, Redux & Reactstrap BS4
- 6 Workable applications
- Figma and Sketch File added
- RTL supported and many more
Gatsby is a super useful boilerplate for creating static websites or apps on React.js optimized for speed. It’s the perfect open-source framework to make, for example, a company’s e-commerce store. It has a gallery of starter kits and provides the fastest outputs pre-rendered HTML and CSS to guarantee the fastest load time. Learn Gatsby from its official guide and a gallery of starter kits.
- Incremental Builds
- Real-time Deployment & CMS Previews
- Global Edge Network
- Performance Reports
Well, Razzle react boilerplate is a tool that abstracts all the complex configurations needed for building single-page applications and server-side rendering applications into a single dependency. Besides, it comes with the same CSS setup as create-react-app and works with React, Preact, Reason-React, Vue, and Angular. If you want to restart your server, while your app is running, just type rs and press enter in the terminal. Get started with Razzle here.
- Universal Hot Module Replacement, so both the client and server update whenever you make edits. No annoying restarts necessary
- Comes with the same CSS setup as create-react-app
- Works with React, Preact, and Reason-React as well as Angular and Vue if that’s your thing
- Escape hatches for customization via
- Jest test runner setup with sensible defaults via
- SPA mode, build client-side apps with razzle
There is just a whole lot of stuff to do (and things to screw up). TSDX is a zero-config CLI that helps you develop, test, and publish modern TypeScript packages with ease–so you can focus on your awesome new library and not waste another afternoon on the configuration.
- Bundles your code with Rollup and outputs multiple module formats (CJS & ESM by default, and also UMD if you want) plus development and production builds
- Comes with tree shaking, ready-to-rock lodash optimizations, and minification/compression
- Live reload / watch-mode
- Works with React
- Human-readable error messages (and in VSCode-friendly format)
- Bundle size snapshots
Generator-React-Webpack will help you build new React projects using modern technologies.
it comes with support for:
- ES2015 via Babel-Loader
- Different supported style languages (sass, scss, less, stylus)
- Style transformations via PostCSS
- Automatic code linting via esLint
- Ability to unit test components via Karma and Mocha/Chai
Neutrino lets you build js web apps without an initial configuration file. It is commonly used as a helper in building various React and Node.js projects. Besides, Neutrino supports testing, linting, and developing js projects based on shared configuration presets and middleware. It also works equally well with Jest and Karma for testing, ESLing to fine-tuning linting, various CLI tools, and others.
- Quick scaffolding
- Instant feedback
- Predictable state management
- Next-generation CSS
- Industry-standard routing
React Firebase Starter is a react boilerplate for building an app foundation with React.js, GraphQL.js, Relay, and Material UI library. It has serverless infrastructure provided by Google Cloud. To firestart it you need to clone the repo, update environment variables in the .env and/or .env.local file.
First off, Electron boilerplate has multiple entry points and rightly has an excellent reputation among coders with 17.2k stars on GitHub. The pluses of this boilerplate are the three pillars of hot reloading, incremental typing, and high code performance. Secondly, Electron lets you change the app without refreshing. It goes with electron-builder, TypeScript, Babel, webpack, and eslint.
- Hot Reloading
- Incremental Typing
- Build Optimizations
A starter boilerplate for a universal web app using express, react, redux, webpack, and react-transform
- Native project ready to be built onto your device.
- Support for uni modules and auto-linking.
- OTA updates, and Gestures out of the box.
- Full support for React Native web.
- Plug-n-play custom templates.
- Works with the Expo Client app.
This is a tool that helps programmers create Express & React projects easily base on react-cool-starter.
This is a minimal skeleton for building testable React apps using Babel.
Aim of this boilerplate:
- Use fewer tools (no yeoman, gulp, bower, etc…)
- Babel 6 with Webpack and Hot Loader
- Fast testing with mocked-out DOM
- Import CSS files as class names
- Separate Smart and Dumb components
- No specific implementation of Flux or data fetching patterns
Well, this is a CLI for creating reusable, modern React libraries using Rollup and create-react-app.
- Easy-to-use CLI
- Handles all modern JS features
- create-react-app for example usage and local dev
- Rollup for bundling
- Babel for transpiling
- Jest for testing
- Supports complicated peer-dependencies
- Supports CSS module
So, this was the collection of the best React boilerplate in 2021. Well, we can’t claim any specific as the best one. Because developers’ tastes differ. Also, each boilerplate is useful to resolve different tasks. This theme is quite the same as asking anyone which language is the best for writing a code…!!
Besides, Boilerplates are good for lightweight and responsive web apps. Also, If you have long-term, time-consuming sites then it’s better to invest efforts into really deep learning of app architecture.
As we can see, each one of them comes with its own set of features. So, list down the features you need and choose according. We hope you find this collection helpful.
Do tell us which one is your favorite, in the comment section below.