As per the reports, the Online Gaming Market is projected to register a CAGR of 19.6% from 2023–2030, to reach $431.87 billion by 2030. As a result, investors are very keen to put their money into this online gaming industry to gain higher returns.
Table of contents
Moreover, it typically offers a variety of ready-to-use components, such as sprite management, collision detection, input handling, animation, sound, and more.
- Efficiency and Productivity: It helps to simplify complex tasks such as rendering graphics, handling input, managing game states, and implementing physics. Besides, it reduces development time assisting the developers to focus on creating game-specific features and mechanics.
- Community and Support: These libraries have wide communities and active developer support. This means developers can find extensive documentation, tutorials, forums, and online resources to help them to troubleshoot their issues and get better assistance.
- Flexibility and Customization: While libraries provide pre-built components, they also offer flexibility for customization and extension.
Matter.js is a 2D Physics engine that provides you with a robust set of features for creating physics-based simulations and games. It can handle collisions, forces, constraints, and other physics-related interactions.
Furthermore, with Matter.js, you can create objects with various shapes and properties, define their physical behavior, and simulate their interactions within a 2D environment. It supports collision detection and resolution, rigid body dynamics, and constraints like springs.
- Rigid bodies
- Compound bodies
- Composite bodies
- Concave and convex hulls
- Physical properties
- Mobile-compatible (touch, responsive)
- Time scaling (slow-mo, speed-up), and many more…
While developing games, developers often require a dashboard to efficiently manage their data and users. In such cases, I highly recommend considering the use of the most advanced Admin Dashboard Template
Sneat Bootstrap 5 HTML Admin Template – is the latest Bootstrap 5 HTML Admin Template. It is the most developer-friendly & highly customizable Bootstrap Admin Template. Besides, the highest industry standards are considered to bring you the best bootstrap admin template that is not just fast and easy to use, but highly scalable.
In addition, it is incredibly versatile and very suitable for your project. Besides, this Bootstrap admin Template also allows you to build any type of web app with ease. For instance, you can create: SaaS platforms, Project management apps, E-commerce backends, CRM systems, Analytics apps, Banking apps, etc.
Furthermore, you can also use this innovative admin panel template to create eye-catching, high-quality, and high-performing Web Applications. Besides, your apps will be completely responsive, ensuring they look stunning and function flawlessly on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Based on Bootstrap 5
- Vertical & Horizontal layouts
- Default, Bordered & Semi-dark themes
- Light & Dark modes support
- Internationalization/i18n & RTL Ready
- Layout Generator
- Theme Config: Customize our template without a sweat
- 3 Dashboard
- 2 Chart libraries
- SASS Powered and many more.
You can check the React version as well.
Furthermore, Three.js has an intuitive and easy-to-use API that provides a rich set of classes and methods for creating and manipulating 3D objects, defining materials, handling camera perspectives, implementing lighting and shadows, and managing animations.
- WebGL-based Rendering
- Built-in Geometries
- Shaders and Effects
- Camera Control
- Cross-platform and Cross-browser Compatibility
- Extensive Documentation and Community Support, and many more…
If you’re looking for an open-source game engine that is cross-platform then Gdevelop is for you. It is a full-featured, no-code game development software that is free and open source. You can build games for mobile, desktop, and the web.
GDevelop is fast and easy to use: the game logic is built up using an intuitive and powerful event-based system. Besides, these events are powerful ways to express the logic of your game and make it as efficient as coding without any complexities.
Moreover, it is a paid game engine but they also have a open-source version which you can check from GitHub. Apart from that, you can also check the games that are built with Gdevelop
- 2D and 3D objects
- No-code event system
- Add behaviors to the game system
- Lightweight & powerful
- Easy to deploy
- Built-in asset store
- Custom functions and behavior, and many more…
Furthermore, with its advanced features and functionality, you can add collisions, multiple shapes, create shapes, joints, and many more to your project using the logic of physics.
Now, to explore this library you can check the examples available on Piqnt. In addition, You can edit dit them or create new ones as per your need. Apart from that, To use Planck.js with other game engines, or ingrate it with other frameworks and libraries see the Integration page.
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Collision Detection
- Joints and Constraints
- Contacts and Contact Listener
- Performance Optimization
- Integration with Rendering Libraries, and many more…
The all-new MelonJS is a game engine that was first released in 2011. Besides, it is built on using ES6 class, inheritance, and semantics, and bundled using Rollup to provide modern features such as transpiring and tree-shaking.
Furthermore, the fully featured game engine library support 2D sprite-based graphic, Blazing Fast WebGL renderer for desktop and mobile devices with a fallback to Canvas rendering.
In addition, The framework offers many different parts and works well with other tools. This combination gives you a lot of power to use it all together or just use some parts.
- Standalone library
- Fast WebGL 1 & 2 renderer
- Web Audio support
- High DPI resolution & advanced auto-scaling options
- Tween & Transition effects
- Mouse, Touch, Pointer, and Gamepad device support
- System and Bitmap fonts, and many more…
In addition, it has multi-touch support and tracking so that you can create interactions such as pinch-to-scale that give audiences native feeling experiences. It also supports a range of sprite sheet formats and includes advanced support for features like trimming and rotational packing.
- WebGL renderer
- Canvas renderer
- Full scene graph
- Super easy-to-use API
- Support for texture atlases
- Auto-detect which renderer should be used
- Render Texture
- Primitive Drawing, and many more…
Furthermore, the library internally manages rendering cycles, ensuring that the application is rendered and updated efficiently. It automatically adjusts nodes to recent updates and transforms them according to their pinning.
- DOM-like tree data model
- Rendering cycles management
- Preloading support
- Flexible pinning system
- Event handling
- Texture management, and many more…
Kaboom.js aims to make game development accessible and fun, particularly for beginners or developers who prefer a more lightweight and simple approach. Moreover, It provides a good balance between simplicity and flexibility, making it suitable for a wide range of game development projects.
- Easy to setup
- Sprite animations
- Input handling
- Physics simulation
- Modular and extensible, and many more…
Playcanvas is a web-based game engine to build stunning HTML 5 games and visualization. It is an open-source game engine that also uses WebGL to run games and other interactive 3D content in any mobile or desktop browser.
Furthermore, PlayCanvas Engine gives incredible performance, even on devices such as the iPhone 6 and Chromebooks. Besides, it also gives supports many team features such as chatting with your teammates directly from the Editor and built-in version control.
- Advanced 2D + 3D graphics
- Built on WebGL 1 & 2.
- 3D positional sounds built on the Web Audio API
- Mouse, keyboard, touch, gamepad, and VR controller APIs
- Powerful state-based animations, and many more…
These can help you create realistic physics-based simulations and games in the browser. Furthermore, Cannon.js offers a wide range of features and functionalities that enables developers to accurately handle gravity, collisions, friction, and other physical activities within their games.
In addition, Cannon.js has a wide range of demos that show it supports a variety of shapes, including spheres, boxes, cylinders, and capsules. You can play with their demos from here.
Note: The GitHub repository is not maintained yet, so I would recommend checking their documentation and implementing it in your projects accordingly.
- Rigid body dynamics
- Discrete collision detection
- Contacts, friction, and restitution
- Multiple Constraints
- Interactive Examples
- Gauss-Seidel constraint solver and an island split algorithm
- Body sleeping, and many more…
For instance, if you’re looking for more of a rendering engine that is more popular among developers than Three.js and Gdevelop.io is worth using. On the other hand, if you’re looking to build complex games with high graphics then you must use game engines like PlayCanvas.
We hope you like this collection. Please do share it with your friends and colleagues and do let us know which game you are looking to build from our contact us section.
Best of Luck! 😉