The most popular Bootstrap source is coming up with latest version Bootstrap 5🔥. In this article, we will share information about the Bootstrap 5 release date, Important updates in latest version and Bootstrap 5 tutorial.
Bootstrap is the world’s most popular and widely used open-source framework for developing with HTML, CSS, and JS. Till now bootstrap team has introduced 4 versions of bootstrap and soon going to introduce its latest bootstrap version 5. With the launch of V5, many major changes will be introduced in the latest version.
Initially, after launching bootstrap, the team introduced 2nd version of bootstrap after 2 years. Again after a year of launching V2, the bootstrap team introduced V3. It took 5 long years to introduce V4 to make bootstrap more efficient and productive. The current version of bootstrap is 4.3.
Bootstrap 5 Release Date
The team officially announced bootstrap V5 and mentioned many major changes in its to-do list. As of today (17/10/19), 371 tasks are done and 58 are in the to-do category. The bootstrap 5 release date is not yet announced by any officials but the expected release could be in early 2020.
Major Changes in Bootstrap 5
The significant changes expected in bootstrap V5 includes:
- Moving from Jekyll to Hugo🔥: Hugo is the world’s fastest Static Site Generator that undoubtedly generates static sites in milliseconds and uses Golang language. Jekyll is the oldest static site generator and is dropped in bootstrap 5. The bootstrap team has made changes to their dependencies to support this move, and it is near completion stated by the officials.
- Improving bootstrap branch for development: According to the official announcement on the website, master will become bootstrap v5’s new v3 dev branch and to develop v5 they will cut a new master branch from v4-dev.
- IE10 support Removed: Bootstrap 5 will not continue with Internet Explorer 10 anymore and has removed IE10 browser support in the latest version.
- SVG Icon Library🔥: The bootstrap team is working on exploring its own Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) library for the latest version.
Finally exploring our own SVG icon library for v5! If all goes well, we’ll be using these for our own components and open sourcing them alongside our next major update :D. pic.twitter.com/0dA0ahmwOl
— Bootstrap (@getbootstrap) July 18, 2019
- Removing of QUnit
- Minor Changes in CSS
- Drop support for Node.js 8
- Building Testing Infrastructure in Jasmine
- Revamp grid to blend flexbox and grid layout
- Responsive sticky top
- Update DevDependencies
Bootstrap 5 Removed Jquery🔥
This got a mixed response and opinions from web developers in development communities. It Spurred controversy for effacing Jquery from bootstrap 5. Few of the responses of web developers for removal of jquery are as follows.
Bootstrap 5 Columns & Rows
Bootstrap concept offered 12-columns system is not going to vanish and will be available in Bootstrap 5 also. Web Dev can still use Grid and layout columns in Bootstrap 5.
Bootstrap rows and columns provide the most efficient solution to issues of different screen sizes. The main focus of the change in v5 is still responsiveness, though in recent bootstrap versions the development is focused mostly on improving performance and reducing the loading time.
Bootstrap 5 Tutorial
The bootstrap team is working curiously to update bootstrap version 4 with version 5 and soon it may announce Bootstrap 5 release date. The team has done major changes till now and the last few changes to take place soon. The version is yet not developed completely and release date is also not announced officially. There’s undoubtedly a lot more in Bootstrap 5 to learn🔥. You can also get the latest updates on Bootstrap 5 Release date, its documentation, and tutorial by subscribing to our newsletter at the side right side of the page.
Consider bookmarking this article as we will update it as and when we hear from the bootstrap team for their latest version.
If you are looking for a free bootstrap admin templates for your next great app look no further, we have a great collection of free bootstrap admin templates which you can check here🔥:
We also have a great collection of template for mean stack technologies like angular, react, nodejs which you can check here🔥: