Ever wonder what is the best Vue editor for faster development? Then here you will get to know about the best Vue editor that will boost your workflow. Before we start the collection let’s have a look at the best editor for Vue JS and code editors.
What is VueJS?
Well, Vue is a progressive framework for building user interfaces. It consists of a core library that focuses on the view layer and an ecosystem of supporting libraries. Unlike Angular and React, VueJS is not backed by tech giants like Facebook and Google. Yet, VueJS has emerged as the favorite js framework due to its amazing features and advantages.
Also, It is used by big companies such as Gitlab, Alibaba, Xiaomi, Adobe, Euronews, Nintendo, Grammarly, Codeship, Behance, and many more. While working on VueJS projects, you can take the help of the VueJS Admin Templates.
What is a Code editor?
A source code editor is a text editor program designed specifically for editing the source code of computer programs. It may be a standalone application or it may be built into an integrated development environment (IDE) or web browser.
If you are a coder or programmer then your code editor is your home, where you can spend lots of the time doing your favorite work with ease. Well, there are lots of code editors available in the market, Although, you should choose a simple and functional code editor of your comfort. Irrespective of the system you are coding, be it a Linux, Mac, or Windows PC, a good code editor always helps you. Do check the VueJS static site generator to develop an awesome web app.
Here are the advantages of the best editor for Vue JS:
- It provides plenty of customization options via themes.
- Also, offers the most powerful search functions in the market
- It is capable of handling massive files with ease.
- Also, Includes a smart code completion feature that supports most languages
If you are a beginner seeking Vue 3 learning resources then do check Vue 3 Tutorial For Beginners.
Best Vue Editor For Faster Development
Now, in this collection, we’re gonna take a look at 6 of the best vue editor for better development. Well, it is a subjective list. Thus, by no means do we claim it to be a complete list. If you think we’ve missed any editor, let us know in the comments below.
To know more refer to the in-depth article on IDE in Programming. This article explains IDE in detail. If you are a beginner who is completely new to the IDE, then this article will help you understand it.
While working on VueJS projects you can also check the VS Codes extensions for VueJS to boost your workflow.
Furthermore, this is one of the best editors for Vue JS. Also, it provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules which goes beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with smart IntelliSense. In addition, it works with Git and other SCM providers with Built-in Git support.
- Syntax highlighting
- Auto-complete with IntelliSense
- Capabilities to debug code by attaching running apps and including breakpoints
- Shortcuts to make coding efficient
- A marketplace with extensions to support many extra functionalities (E.g.- Docker extensions)
- Integration capabilities with Visual Studio Code Online
- Version controlling via extensions
- Powerful multilanguage IDE
- Nice built-in features like auto-highlighting repeating variables
- It’s lightweight
- Helpful for quick script modification
- Better UI, easy plugins, and nice git integration
- More advanced debugging features would be helpful
- Including a built-in screen for package management
- Its user interface is really intimidating to new and beginner users
Atom is an open-source best IDE for Vue that gained a lot of traction before the introduction of Visual Studio Code. It is backed by GitHub which was another reason for it to become very popular. Atom is an Electron application.
Atom is similar to VS Code in many ways. This vue editor supports Windows, Mac, and Linux. Besides, It is free to use and is under the MIT license. It also has auto code completion, supports multiple projects and multiple section editing, etc. Thus, you can consider it the best vue editor.
- It has an integrated package manager.
- You can find, preview, and replace text typed in a file or across the entire project.
- IDE supports the command palette to run available commands.
- You can easily browse and open a file or project.
- Quickly find and replace text as you type in the file.
- This application can be used on Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Git Integration
- Cross-Platform Support
- Multi cursor support
- Sometimes unstable
- Lack of Code Execution
- Slower than other top editors
Materio – Free Vuetify Vuejs Admin Template (Free VUeJS Admin Template🤩)
Materio Free VueJS Vuetify Admin Dashboard Template – is the latest most developer-friendly & highly customizable Admin Dashboard Template based on Vuetify. If you’re a developer looking for a Vuejs Admin Template enriched with features and a highly customizable look no further than the Materio.
Besides, the highest industry standards are considered to bring you the best template that is not just fast and easy to use, but highly scalable. Offering ultimate convenience and flexibility, you’ll be able to build whatever application you want with very little hassle. It is one of the best Vuejs examples of utilizing Vuejs in a project. If you need a material design vuejs admin template for your project, then this Vue Material Admin template is the best option for you.
Furthermore, you can use this one of the best innovative free Vuejs admin templates to create eye-catching, high-quality, and high-performing single-page applications. Besides, your apps will be completely responsive, ensuring they’ll look stunning and function flawlessly on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. This one is one of the most amazing and best Vue JS examples for beginners on GitHub.
Check out the GitHub repo: https://github.com/themeselection/materio-vuetify-vuejs-admin-template-free
- 1 Simple Dashboard, 1 Chart Library
- Single vertical menu
- Simple Light/Dark theme
- Basic Cards, pages, and tables
- Simple From Elements⚡
- Single vertical menu
Check the Figma Version:
The latest version of Sublime Text is SBT3, which transforms the tool from being a source code editor into a pseudo-IDE. Sublime Text is cross-platform and offers a high degree of customization.
Sublime Text flaunts a clutter-free interface and significant speed boost. Enhanced pane-management, Go to definition, and Go to Symbol are some of the out-of-the-box features. For enabling syntax highlight for ES6 and ReactJS code, the Babel plugin is available.
Some important plugins that anyone using Sublime Text for JS development must use are DocBlockr, JSFormat, SideBar Enhancements, and SublimeLinter.
- It offers a command palette for changing the syntax.
- You can quickly go to the definition of class or method.
- Sublime Text provides API to extend the features.
- This tool supports shortcuts for ease of access.
- Sublime Text provides a command palette to hold frequently utilized functionality.
- It highlights the syntax.
- Sublime Text is powerful where you need it to be, but simple and out of your way at the same time.
- Great keyboard shortcuts and multi-selection options
- Great package manager installation process for easily extending functionality
CodeSandbox is the only online, cloud-based code editor, that supports Vue’s SFC format, among many other frameworks, popular client apps, and server setups. Vue projects are built with Vue CLI, giving you a well-known folder structure to extend upon.
Based on VSCode, CodeSandbox has a similar look and feel. When you create a Vue project, you will benefit from code completion, hinting, syntax highlighting, and more. It even allows you to connect a sandbox to a Github repo and commit to it on each change. Apart from Vue CLI, they have templates for Vuepress and Nuxt, just to name a few.
CodeSandbox has a very generous freemium policy with 50 active sandboxes (projects) absolutely free.
Using CodeMix you can develop Vue apps in Eclipse with ease. With CodeMix, you can add the popular VS Code Vue extension by Microsoft to have first-class support for coding Vue in Eclipse.
CodeMix becomes an unparalleled ally when it comes to code completion and visual assistance for debugging and building our Vue.js app. CodeMix will easily configure the working environment, leading to better productivity.
- Powerful Project Management
- Almost all packages support Git integration.
- Advanced Debugging
- Good Auto-Complete
- Most changes require a reboot to take effect
- Complex for beginners
- Poor Customer Support
With the help of these features, the users can search for different project files while typing in real-time. The Extract feature converts details from PSD into CSS. Furthermore, the following are some of the features:
- Inline editors
- Live Preview
- Preprocessor Support
- A set of visual tools
- Preprocessor support
- Simple User-Interface
- Code Minification
- Live Browser Preview
- High Launch Time
- Difficult Project Management
- Low Performance while working with large files
Cost: 30 days trial then $29/user
- This IDE offers a wide range of plugins and templates.
- It quickly rolls back to previous versions.
- Coding style, fonts, themes, and shortcuts can be customized.
- It offers a built-in terminal.
- Integration with VCS (Veritas Cluster Server)
- Parameter hints
- Git integration
- Intelligent Code Completion
- Multi-line todos
- As the product of the JetBean, the UI is very familiar to the famous IntelliJ
- The JS static code scanning out of the box is very handy
- The auto-fix is also a very productive feature to mention
- It by default has well integration with Angular, TypeScript, Vue, React
So, here was the collection of the best Vue editor for faster development. In this collection, we have gathered some of the best editors for Vue JS that can help you boost up your workflow with ease.
Well, there is no one IDE that is a one-stop solution for everything. Thus, calling any single editor best will be unfair as each one of them has its own strengths and weaknesses. Hence, before opting for one, you need to precisely underline all your requirements.
We hope the listing above will help you make a favorable decision. Also, do tell us your favorite Vue editor in the comment section below.
In case you are working with React projects, we recommend checking Best IDE for React.