Starting your journey with Asp.Net Core? Well then do check the best Asp.NET Core Tutorial & Resources to learn it in-depth. Here in this list, you will find the Asp.NET Core beginner tutorial as well as the advanced .NET Core tutorial for Asp.NET Core. Along with this, we have also mentioned some articles/books in this list. In this collection, we have mainly covered the asp.net core 6 tutorial.
Well, before you start learning let’s get to know about it first.
What Is Asp.NET Core?
Well, ASP.NET Core is one of the best web frameworks by Microsoft. ASP.NET Core is a useful open source & cloud-optimized framework for developing modern web applications that can be developed and run on Windows, Linux, and Mac. Besides, it also includes the MVC framework, which now combines the features of MVC and Web API into a single web programming framework.
ASP.NET Core 7 is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET web platform and provides a “host-agnostic” framework and a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility.
It has been redesigned from the ground up to be fast, flexible, modern, and work across different platforms. Besides, If you have any experience with MVC or Web API over the last few years, you will notice some familiar features. In this collection of Asp.NET Core tutorials & resources, you will get to learn it in-depth. We suggest using Asp.NET Admin Templates for your project.
Furthermore, with ASP.NET Core, you can get the following improvements
- Build and run cross-platform ASP.NET apps on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Built on .NET Core, which supports true side-by-side app versioning.
- New tooling that simplifies modern Web development.
- Single aligned web stack for Web UI and Web APIs.
- Cloud-ready environment-based configuration.
- Built-in support for dependency injection.
- Tag Helpers which makes Razor markup more natural with HTML.
- Ability to host on IIS or self-host in your own process.
Advantages of Using Asp.NET Core:
As per the StackOverflow Survey, Asp.NET Core is gaining more popularity compared to the previous years and frameworks as well. You can see in the image above, that 18.59% of respondents favored Asp.NET Core, leaving behind the other giants like Laravel, Django, & NextJS. Well, it’s not without any reason..!!
ASP.NET Core is a powerhouse of cutting-edge capabilities. Due to this, it has gained immense popularity among developers and paved the path for effective and straightforward web application development. Today, a lot of people use high-performance, cross-platform frameworks to build modern, cloud-based applications. It is considered one of the most suitable React JS Backend Frameworks. Talking about React, we also recommend using the React Admin Templates as they come with ready-to-use components & apps.
Following are some of the Advantages of Using the Asp.NET Core.
- A unified story for building web UI and web APIs.
- Architected for testability.
- Razor Pages makes coding page-focused scenarios easier and more productive.
- Ability to develop and run on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Open-source and community-focused.
- Integration of modern, client-side frameworks and development workflows.
- Support for hosting Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services using gRPC.
Now, let’s head to the Asp.NET Core Tutorial.
Asp.NET Core Tutorial and Resources:
Well, Microsoft’s most popular web application development framework is ASP.NET. With, new and expanded features that support the deployment of highly scalable and high-performance web applications, it is becoming more & more popular. Thus, it is a great opportunity to master this awesome framework and for that, you will need tutorials & resources. For inspiration, you can check the .NET Open Source Projects.
While working on Asp Net projects, it is advisable to use the Sneat Asp.NET Core Admin Template. It is the latest most developer-friendly & highly customizable Admin Dashboard Template based on Asp.NET 6. Besides, the highest industry standards are considered to bring you the best .NET admin template that is not just fast and easy to use, but highly scalable.
This Asp NET Dashboard offers amazing features. Furthermore, you can use this template to build any kind of web app without any hassle. Hence, you should not miss this one.
In addition, incredibly versatile, the Sneat .NET Core Admin Dashboard also allows you to build any type of web application. For instance, you can create SaaS platforms, Project management apps, Ecommerce backends, CRM systems, etc.
- Based on ASP.NET Cor 6 Razor Pages
- UI Framework Bootstrap 5
- Vertical & Horizontal layouts
- Default, Bordered & Semi-dark themes
- Light & Dark mode support
- Internationalization/i18n & RTL Ready
- Theme Config: Customize our template without a sweat 😅
- 3 Dashboard
- 2 Chart libraries
- SASS Powered and many more
Asp.NET Core Beginner Tutorial
Besides, it offers comprehensive support for cloud-based web applications, web APIs, and scalability. It is advisable to use suitable DotNet Libraries while working on Asp.NET projects.
Following are some official Asp.NET Core resources & Community to keep in check.
Now, let’s check some of the best Asp.NET Tutorials.
ASP. Net Core 6 Tutorial Series
Well, if you are completely new to Asp.NET, then this Asp.NET Core beginner tutorial series is for you. It is a Step by step guide that covers the Asp.NET core fundamentals.
Besides, this Asp.NET course will help you build asp.net core MVC web applications from scratch following the asp.net core best practices and conventions. Complete the asp.net core MVC project step by step covering all the asp.net core crud operations.
ASP.NET Core crash course C App
Through this Asp.NET tutorial, you will learn to create a web database app in ASP.NET Core using Visual Studio and the C# language.
- Use the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern.
- Configure database tables using the Entity framework.
- Setup of classes as models. Customize Razor forms.
- Create methods inside a controller.
- Style an ASP.NET page with CSS.
- Use Bootstrap classes.
- Create a search function to filter database results.
Learn ASP.NET Core MVC (.NET 6) – Full Course
This Asp.NET Core tutorial is for if you want to learn it in-depth. Through this .NET tutorial, you will learn the basics of .NET Core (.NET 6) and then build a simple CRUD application with MVC.
- Introduction to .Net Core
- Dependency injection
- MVC Architecture
- Data Annotations
- Connection String
- CRUD Operations
- Scaffold CRUD & many more.
Complete 3-Hour ASP NET 6.0 and Entity Framework Core Course!
A full 3-hour crash course on how to build two projects with Razor and Razor Pages using ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework Core. Through this Asp.NET Core tutorial, you will learn the basics of the .NET & entity framework with a practical example. Also, it covers the Mock Database and ASP-Route.
ASP.NET Core 6 .NET 6 for Beginners (Full Course) 
By far one of the best Asp.NET Tutorials for beginners. If you want to learn the .NET core from the scratch, this tutorial is something you should go with. With this tutorial for Asp.NET, you will learn to build a project from scratch using middleware & dependency injections. It will also teach you to use static content and client-side packages.
CRUD with a .NET 6 Web API & Entity Framework Core Full Course
Through this Asp.NET Core Tutorial, you will learn to work with the web API project from scratch along with the Entity Framework Core.
ASP.NET Core Web API – Introduction | ASP.NET Core Web API tutorial
In this complete step-by-step ASP.NET Core Tutorial for Web API, you will learn to develop the RESTful Web API with Asp.Net Core, Consume the APIs in the Angular application & lots of key concepts of the Asp.Net Core framework
Important topics that we will cover in this complete course.
- RESTful APIs
- Dependency Injection
- Format Response
Asp NET Core tUTORIAL Courses:
Before you start using ASP.NET Core, this course, ASP.NET Core 6: The Big Picture, will give you the background information you need. You’ll first learn what ASP.NET Core is and how it may benefit you before learning about the many UI frameworks that ASP.NET Core provides, including Blazor, MVC, and Razor page.
Finally, you’ll discover how to build APIs using gRPC and Web API. After completing this By the end of this Asp.NET Core tutorial, you will have a solid understanding of what ASP.NET Core is and how it can be used to create amazing applications. It is by far the best Asp.NET Core Beginner Tutorial.
In another Asp.NET Core beginner course, you’ll discover how ASP.NET 6.0 completes the platform unification started by ASP.NET 5.0 while continuing to offer cutting-edge, cross-platform functionality. You will first learn about the features of.NET 6.0 and how to set yourself up to work with it. Besides, you will also then examine the most recent features and upgrades for Razor Pages, MVC, and Web API, as well as the platform tools as a whole.
After that, you’ll explore Blazor’s intriguing new capabilities as it continues to develop and become a more appealing technology. Additionally, you’ll discover Minimal APIs, a crucial new pattern for creating web services in ASP.NET. By the end of this Asp.NET Core beginner tutorial, you will be aware of the latest features of ASP.NET and how they might benefit your current and future projects.
Asp.NET Core 6 introduces a lot of fresh updates and enhancements. Coding is far more testable and maintainable when using the MVC, the industry standard for creating reliable server-side applications. You will learn how to create cutting-edge web applications with ASP.NET Core 6 and ASP.NET Core 6 MVC in this course, ASP.NET Core 6 Fundamentals. You will first investigate how to set up a dependency injection- and middleware-based ASP.NET Core 6 application.
The MVC approach will then be used to develop a number of new pages; you’ll create the view and controller and establish a database connection using Entity Framework Core 6. You’ll then learn how to enhance an MVC site, which is often server-side, utilizing ASP.NET Core Blazor, Ajax, and an ASP.NET Core API controller.
Finally, you’ll discover how to deploy the ASP.NET Core application to an Azure App Service after unit testing all of the application’s numerous components. You will have developed an application by the end of this Asp.NET Core Beginner tutorial, which will offer you a thorough understanding of the ASP.NET Core 6 MVC platform.
This Asp.NET Core tutorial begins with the fundamentals of Identities, Claims, and Principal (Security Context). You will also learn in-depth about authentication and authorization, which are crucial to the creation of modern web applications and web APIs. It is a good Asp.NET Beginner Tutorial to start with.
To accomplish this, ASP.NET Core Identity offers a comprehensive solution. A developer appears to be able to scaffold a solution with just a few clicks. However, you will need a thorough understanding of how ASP.NET Core Identity functions from top to bottom in order to tailor the scaffolded solution to the needs of your own project.
You will learn:
- Authentication and Authorization UNDER the HOOD
- Securing Web APIs
- ASP.NET Core Identity In Depth
- MFA in ASP.NET Identity
- External Authentication Providers
This Asp.NET Core Tutorial will assist you if you have a basic understanding of ASP.NET Core and Angular and want to learn more. The goal of this course is to teach you how to develop a fully functional web application that will be published to IIS and a Linux server from scratch using our API and an Angular front end.
Furthermore, you will also learn how to create an entire application in this course, from beginning to end, with every line of code being shown and explained. Additionally, this course will help to learn to use the Angular CLI and the DotNet CLI to develop an example dating application from scratch.
You will learn:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the Angular app using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI
- Adding a Client-side login and register function to our Angular application
- Adding 3rd party components to add some pizzazz to the app
- Adding routing to the Angular application and securing routes.
- Using Automapper in ASP.NET Core
In this course, you will learn to build a multi-project ASP.NET Core solution that is built using Clean Architecture and the CQRS and Mediator pattern that makes our code easy to understand, reason about, and extend. Both ASP.NET Core and React are hot topics and this course will enhance your knowledge of both, simply by building an application from start to finish.
In each module, you’ll learn something new, whilst incrementally adding features to the application. Through this Asp.NET Core tutorial, you will learn to build an example social network application that allows users to sign up for events (similar to MeetUp or Facebook), completely from scratch.
You will learn:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating a multi-project solution using the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the React app using the DotNet CLI and the create-react-app utility.
- Clean Architecture and the CQRS + Mediator pattern
- Setting up and configuring ASP.NET Core identity for authentication
- Using React with Typescript
- Adding a Client-side login and register function to our React application
- Using React Router
Also, check the Asp.NET Boilerlate.
Books are also great learning resources for Asp.NET Core. Following are some books that you can refer to while learning it.
The ASP.NET Core platform and the application frameworks it supports are thoroughly explained in this book. This cornerstone reference contextualizes ASP.NET Core for.NET 6 and delves deeply into the tools and methodologies needed to create cutting-edge, extensible online apps. There are explanations of the latest features and capabilities, including MVC, Razor Pages, Blazor Server, and Blazor WebAssembly, as well as examples of their use.
This book covers request model binding, built-in services, middleware components, and other subjects after starting with the fundamentals. You will be introduced to progressively difficult subjects and sophisticated features, such as endpoint routing and dependency injection, as you develop expertise and confidence. You will gain comprehensive knowledge about Asp. NET Core 6 through this Asp.NET Core tutorial book.
You will learn:
- Explore the entire ASP.NET Core platform
- Apply the new ASP.NET Core for .NET 6 features in your developer environment
- To create RESTful web services, web applications, and client-side applications
- Build on your existing knowledge to get up and running with new programming models quickly and effectively
This book takes a very fluid approach to programming. This book equips you with the skills to construct and join dependable components to enhance your programmatic masterpieces. It has been thoroughly revised for ASP.NET Core 6 and includes additional treatment on microservices patterns, data contracts, and event-driven architecture. It is one of the valuable Asp.NET Core resources to learn in-depth.
The chapters are arranged according to scale and subject, enabling you to start small and build on a solid foundation, just like you would when developing a program. You will start by learning about fundamental design patterns, SOLID architectural principles, dependency injection, and other ASP.NET Core 6 features. To better structure your applications, you will first examine component-scale patterns before moving on to higher-level application-scale patterns and methodologies.
In order to complete the puzzle and turn ASP.NET Core into a practical full-stack web development framework, you’ll move on to the client side. Tools like Blazor will help you do this. By the time you finish reading this book Kum Asp.NET Core tutorial, you will feel at ease integrating and using patterns in various ways and creating software solutions of any size.
You will learn:
- Apply the SOLID principles for building flexible and maintainable software
- Get to grasp .NET dependency Injection
- Work with GoF design patterns such as strategy, decorator, facade, and composite
- Explore the MVC patterns for designing web APIs and web applications using Razor
- Discover layering techniques and tenets of clean architecture
- Become familiar with CQRS and vertical slice architecture as an alternative to layering
With a hands-on, project-based approach, this web app development book equips you with all the tools and methods web developers use to build, troubleshoot, and deploy effective web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular. It covers all the advanced topics, including.NET 6 and Angular 13 new features as well as Minimal APIs, Web APIs with GraphQL, real-time updates with SignalR, and Web APIs with Minimal APIs. Entity Framework Core is used to create a data model at first, coupled with the Entity Core Fluent API and EntityTypeConfiguration class.
Then, for maximum impact, you’ll learn how to leverage Angular reactive forms, front-end, and back-end validators, to fetch, display, and handle user input. After that, you’ll engage in debugging and investigating the unit testing capabilities offered by xUnit.net (.NET 6) and Jasmine, as well as Karma for Angular. You’ll learn about progressive web applications, their technical requirements, testing procedures, and how to transform a conventional web application into a PWA after adding authentication and authorization to your apps.
By the time you finish reading this book Kum Asp.NET Core tutorial on web development, you will know how to combine the front-end and back-end to create and deploy dependable and secure web applications.
You will learn:
- Use the new Visual Studio Standalone TypeScript Angular template
- Implement and consume a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core
- Set up an SQL database server using a local instance or a cloud datastore
- Perform C# and TypeScript debugging using Visual Studio 2022
- Create TDD and BDD unit tests using xUnit, Jasmine, and Karma
- Perform DBMS structured logging using providers such as SeriLog
Beginning gRPC with ASP.NET Core 6 – is your guide to rapidly and effectively getting started with developing gRPC applications in the Microsoft.NET ecosystem. This book will assist you in learning how to create an application using gRPC and cutting-edge tools like Angular and ASP.NET Core Razor Pages. It is intended for professional developers who are interested in getting started with gRPC and want to learn how to use it to build applications in the .NET ecosystem.
Additionally, you’ll discover how to configure an effective application utilizing industry best practices for security, monitoring, logging, and more. You will learn how to use Entity Framework Core to perform Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) actions on a SQL Server database throughout the book. From there, you will develop online applications utilizing gRPC APIs along with Angular and ASP.NET Core Razor pages. This book is like the Asp.NET Core Beginner Tutorial, where you will learn the fundamentals of grpc.
- Discover the latest .NET 6 framework
- Benefit from a new way to design APIs
- Build modern web applications
- Migrate easily from WCF to gRPC
Another one of the helpful Asp.NET Core resources to learn. This book is intended for Asp.NET programmers who need to alter the framework’s default behavior in order to enhance the performance of their applications. Before beginning with the book, you should be familiar with ASP.NET Core and C# at an intermediate level. You’ll learn methods in this book to help you make the most of the framework and produce reliable applications. The book discusses the.NET 6 LTS version’s most recent additions and updates.
For crucial subjects like authentication and authorization, you’ll discover fresh perspectives and customization strategies. Additionally, it demonstrates how to modify ASP.NET Core apps’ default behavior and work with caches. Additionally, you will be introduced to key framework optimization ideas including configuration, dependency injection, routing, action filters, and more. As you advance, you’ll be able to use ASP.NET Core to develop unique solutions that are tailored to your use case with help of this Asp.NET Core Beginner Tutorial.
You will learn:
- Explore various application configurations and providers in ASP.NET Core 6
- Enable and work with caches to improve the performance of your application
- Understand dependency injection in .NET and learn how to add third-party DI containers
- Discover the concept of middleware and write your middleware for ASP.NET Core apps
- Create various API output formats in your API-driven projects
- Get familiar with different hosting models for your ASP.NET Core app
Blog/Article Tutorials To Check:
Apart from video tutorials & books, Asp.NET Core resources like articles & blogs can be also helpful. Following are some of the best Asp.net core resources i.e. articles & blogs that you can consider while learning dotNET Core.
- W3School – Asp Net Core Tutorial
- Learn Aspnet-core
- Getting Started With ASP.NET Core 6.0 – C# Corner
- Asp Net Core Beginner Tutorial
- Educative Asp Net Core Tutorial
- Asp Net Tutorial JavaPoint
- Learn ASP .NET Core using Step-by-Step Tutorials
When To Go For The Asp.NET Core?
In many situations, ASP.NET MVC is still a viable option, particularly if you don’t want cross-platform software, don’t have much time to learn new technologies, and require a consistent work environment for your current project. However, ASP.NET Core offers a number of significant benefits and is quite promising. Thus, it is a great opportunity to start your career with it.
A list of scenarios where ASP.NET Core is recommended is provided below:
- Utilizing contemporary technology is crucial for you;
- Since the framework is still being developed and has not yet reached a static point, you are willing to invest some time in learning new things;
- desire to create apps that are simple to deploy across various platforms;
- working using entirely open-source code;
- Create your product from scratch, which means you lack any compelling justifications for utilizing antiquated technologies;
- Large-scale business projects: With its improved isolation and modularity, ASP.NET Core excels at handling complex systems and projects.
Well, you can always learn through the best Asp.NET Core resources like tutorials & books.
Well, here we collected some of the best Asp.NET Core Tutorial & Resources. This collection intends to help those who are either a beginner or already working with the framework. In case you are a beginner then you can go with the Asp.NET Core Beginner Tutorial and in case you have basic knowledge then start with the Advance courses. Also, you can refer to the Asp.Net core Resources like books, articles & blogs.
Since Microsoft developed the ASP.NET Core web development framework for creating dynamic web pages, applications, websites, and services, it has received positive feedback from programmers, developers, and coders all around the world due to the availability of several functionalities. It adds tools, libraries, and other elements specifically needed to create dynamic web applications, extending the.NET foundation.
It is high time to learn this framework as it has a really bright future. We hope you find this collection of Asp.NET Core tutorials helpful & Noteworthy. In case you are working on VueJS then we recommend checking the best Vue 3 Tutorial for Beginners.